Applications must be submitted by the applicant, be completed in full, be accompanied by all required documentation, and submitted via this Jot Form. The format of this application allows you to make edits/corrections to your submission as many times as you choose but only one version of your application can be submitted. Please take time to proof-read your submission. Your application must be COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. EST
The auto-generated email inbox date and time will serve as the timestamp for all applications.
SUBMISSION TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES AND APPLICATION QUESTIONS:
If you experience technical difficulties or application questions, please contact the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation Selection Committee by emailing email@example.com or by calling one of the following committee members:
Brennan Register 570.660.1825 Cheryl Fairbairn 484.614.7183 Sally Turner 814.342.2474 You will receive a response within the next two business days.
To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must be a current or previous member of 4-H and/or FFA. The applicant must have exhibited in at least one of the following shows/areas at the Pennsylvania Farm Show:
• a junior breeding meat goat, beef, or sheep in 2012 or later • a junior dairy goat or dairy cattle in 2012 or later
• a junior market steer, lamb, hog or goat in 2012 or later
• a farm product/family living project in 2012 or later
• a rabbit or meat pen in 2018 or later
Awards are based on Pennsylvania Farm Show participation and volunteerism, academics, financial need, 4-H and/or FFA involvement and community service as determined from the application and letters of support.
Awards are based on merit and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, national origin or religious belief.
Documented financial need is not required, but consideration will be given to those with documented need.
The applicant must hold a high school diploma or the equivalent and must be enrolled in a degree or certification program at a post-secondary educational institution (college, university, trade or technical school). You must submit a copy of the current semester tuition bill or a current Bursar’s Office statement.
Each applicant must attach an unofficial transcript from his/her post-secondary institution if he/she has completed one or more semesters. This criterion is to demonstrate that the applicant is both qualified and committed to an educational institution.
Leadership potential and character of the applicant should be demonstrated through an applicant’s responses to the categories of the application detailing 4-H and/or FFA, school, extracurricular and community activities, as well as achievements.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation places great value in volunteer activities. This is an opportunity to list volunteer activities and describe how those experiences have benefitted you. This section allows for a maximum of 400 words.
PENNSYLVANIA FARM SHOW NARRATIVE:
A narrative will provide more information about the applicant. Please provide the following information:
(1) How your 4-H and/or FFA activities have benefitted your education, personal development and community.
(2) How you have benefitted from exhibiting projects at the Pennsylvania Farm Show. (3) How you plan to use your education to contribute to agriculture or society in general. (4) What are your future goals and aspirations?
(5) Any special circumstances which make it especially difficult to afford your education.
Each applicant must furnish a recent high-quality headshot in a jpeg format that is no smaller than 4×6 inches. If able, it is preferred for the photograph to be at 300 dpi. Do not send Polaroid or instant photos. The photo should only include the applicant and must be attached with the application. These photos should professionally represent the applicant, as they will be used for news releases and the award program.
• Each applicant must submit three letters of personal reference. References are preferred to be typed and must include the name, address, and daytime phone number of the person making the recommendation, as well as an indication of the person’s relationship to the applicant (teacher, minister, employer, etc.)
- Family members may not serve as a reference for the applicant.
- References should indicate knowledge of applicant’s character, determination to pursue a post-secondary education, and any other factors which will assist evaluation.
• One of these references must be the applicant’s High School Agricultural Education Teacher or a County Extension Educator with whom the applicant has worked.
- All references must be submitted with the application.
- The attachment’s name for the reference letters must follow the file name format: Applicant Last Name, Applicant First Name_Initials of Reference.
• No exceptions to the reference letters requirements are allowed.
DEADLINE: The format of this application allows you to make edits/corrections to your submission as many times as you choose before submitting it. Only one application per applicant will be accepted. Your application must be COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. EST
Notification of Recipients
All applicants will receive an automated email receipt confirming delivery of the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship application. Recipients of the scholarship award will receive written notification by the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation in December 2022. The scholarship will be presented at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Junior Livestock Sale, held in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Farm Show or via any other method determined by the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation
Payment of Stipend
Payment of the scholarship will be made directly to the recipient at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Sale of Champions or via any other method determined by the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation. The recipient must comply with all scholarship policies of the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation.
**A student may receive the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation award one time only.
**Application materials will not be returned and become the property of the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation.
** Applicants who do not receive a scholarship are encouraged to apply in subsequent years.
For the purpose of evaluation of applicants, the selection committees chosen by the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation will review all properly completed applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If information in the application does not apply to you do not leave an item blank, use N/A.
An evaluation sheet will be used as part of the evaluation process for each application and scored individually on the basis of the criteria outlined in the Applicant Eligibility section. The recommendations of the Scholarship Selection Committee will be referred to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors for final approval.
The format of this application allows you to make edits/corrections to your submission as many times as you choose. Only the last version of your application will be considered and must be COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. EST.
This application will only be considered for scholarships from the Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation. The Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Foundation will award cash scholarships to outstanding students who have participated in the Pennsylvania Farm Show. This is a highly competitive, prestigious grant program and to be considered it is important that the applicant adhere to the specifications and requirements of all application procedures.
Please use the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to report any technical issues with the 2023 Pennsylvania Farm Show Scholarship Application